Minimising our footprint
We are committed to protecting and preserving the environment.
This includes complying with all legislation, regulation, industry standards and contractual obligations and we have stringent integrated processes supported by our Environmental Management System (EMS) which extends across a project’s lifecycle.
Our EMS, which is certified to ISO 14001:2015, sets out the minimum standards and details the process of how we identify and manage environmental risks as well as reporting environmental performance.
Whether it's related to water, air or land quality; noise and vibration; waste management; flora and fauna protection; respect for the community; or heritage preservation – we make environmental protection a priority from site establishment through to completion and ongoing maintenance.
An industry leader in sustainable infrastructure, the BESIX Group specialises in creating solutions for the water and energy market.
Locally, our focus is on initiatives including rainwater harvesting, greywater recycling, photovoltaic cells, high-efficiency lighting and power, passive heating and cooling, high performance facades, and energy efficient thermal comfort.
We work closely with our clients, proudly delivering to various ESD rating schemes, including Green Star, WELL, LEED, NABERS, and NatHERS.
Fast adopters of new technologies, we built the first 6-star Green Star Office Design (Version 3 Rating) in Queensland – this is the premium standard for environmental best practise particularly in relation to energy and water efficiency.
Some initiatives are being implemented as part of our operations to align with our sustainability philosophies. These initiatives include:
- Monitoring energy and water use during construction and experimenting with minimisation through emergent technologies
- Encouraging and facilitating lifecycle analysis of product selection and asset design
- Seeking to specify innovative products that are sustainably fabricated, sourced or certified
- Strong commitment to local and ethical procurement
- Monitoring waste diverted from landfill and deploying waste segregation where possible
- Reaching outside of business operations to engage with the local communities in which we work
- Operating under our Environmental Management System which is certified to ISO 14001:2015